D-II/D-III Recruit Roundup (Feb. 28)

By Mike Loveday | Feb. 24, 2014
| submit to reddit |

Every week StudentSportsLacrosse.com highlights the latest commitments in Division II and Division III with our weekly Recruit Roundup series.

To have your commitment featured on Student Sports Lacrosse, fill out our commitment submission form or send lacrosse editor Mike Loveday a tweet @McLoveday.

Check out all past Recruit Roundups here.

Division II

None Reported

Division III

Zach Behrens, St. Charles North (St. Charles, Ill.), attack
The senior joins several players this week as commits to Carthage College.

Jordan Calhoun, Cherokee Trail (Aurora, Colo.), defense
The 6-foot-4, 200-pound senior has committed to play men’s lacrosse for Carthage College. The defenseman also considered Illinois Wesleyan and Benedictine.

Nick DeLisio, Strongsville (Strongsville, Ohio), midfield
The 5-foot-11, 160-pound midfielder has committed to play for Otterbein University. The senior plays club lacrosse with Resolute Lacrosse and made his college choice known on Feb. 22. DeLisio has been a four-year Captain and earned District Honorable Mention honors. Last year he led the team with 58 ground balls and tallied 28 goals and 27 assists.

“I wanted a school with a good academic reputation and competitive lacrosse program,” DeLisio said. “Coach Harnett took his team to the NCAA tournament last year and is continuing to build a program that will compete with the best.”

Dylan Harris, Carlsbad (Carlsbad, Calif.), midfield/face off
Harris has committed to play for Carthage College.

Kyle Robinson, St. Viator (Arlington Heights, Ill.), defense
The 6-foot-2, 200-pound defenseman has committed to play men’s lacrosse for Carthage College.

Charlie Wiggins, Matea Valley (Aurora, Ill.), attack
The 5-foot-11, 170-pound senior joins the 2014 class at Carthage College.

GIRLS LACROSSE

Caitlin Alice O’Leary, Gloucester (Gloucester, Mass.), attack/midfield
The 5-foot-8 senior has committed to play women’s lacrosse for Plymouth State University. O’Leary also

O'Leary is a three-sport athlete at Gloucester.

O’Leary is a three-sport athlete at Gloucester.

considered Coastal Carolina and plays club lacrosse with Home Grown Lacrosse. O’Leary was named Rookie of the Year in 2011 and has been named one of the Team Captains for the 2014 season. She was an all-star in 2013. In addition to lacrosse, the senior was awarded the Coach’s Award for soccer and indoor track in 2013.

“Loved the beautiful campus and its location, layout of school, athletic facility and plan to expand/update the current fields,” O’Leary said of why she chose Plymouth State. “Also, Coach Tracy and her coaching style, the close bond among my future teammates and Coach Tracy and the many opportunities available to me as a student/athlete.”

To have your commitment featured on Student Sports Lacrosse, fill out our commitment submission form, email Mike Loveday, send a tweet to @McLoveday or post and like on our Facebook page.

About Mike Loveday, Lacrosse Editor
Loveday has covered high school sports since 2005 and started covering high school lacrosse full-time in 2007. He originated the FAB 50 voting panel for high school lacrosse in 2009 while with ESPN and helped US Lacrosse institute a similar panel in 2013. He was also part of the group that selected players for the Warrior 40. Follow him on Twitter @McLoveday

Lacrosse Commitments

Boys' NCAA Commitments Lists
Girls' NCAA Commitments Lists
Division I: Boys' Class of 2014Division I: Girls' Class of 2014
Division II: Boys' Class of 2014Division II: Girls' Class of 2014
Division III: Boys' Class of 2014Division III: Girls' Class of 2014
Division I: Boys' Class of 2015Division I: Girls' Class of 2015
Division II: Boys' Class of 2015 (coming soon)Division II: Girls' Class of 2015 (coming soon)
Division III: Boys' Class of 2015 (coming soon)Division III: Girls' Class of 2015 (coming soon)
Division I: Boys' Class of 2016Division I: Girls' Class of 2016
Division I: Boys' Class of 2017Division I: Girls' Class of 2017
Updated: February 28, 2014