Atlanta NFTC features elite talent
The sixth camp of the 2013 Nike Football Training Camp tour took place Saturday at Buford High School in Atlanta, Ga. and 276 top football players from 20 states, including as far away as California, worked out but one of the stars of the day was Peach State running back Nick Chubb (pictured).
Six More Invites to The Opening
The diverse representation also meant the talent was outstanding and six participants at the Atlanta Nike Camp received invites to The Opening.
Here are the players who’ll travel to Beaverton, Ore. at the end of June after shining on Saturday:
* Bryson Allen-Williams, a linebacker from Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove, was a Class AAA All-State pick after recording 99 tackles (22 for loss) with 16 sacks as a junior.
He has over two dozen offers including his early favorites of South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.
* Jeb Blazevich, a tight end from Charlotte (N.C.) Christian, was a 3A All-State pick in 2012 when he caught 30 passes for 379 yards and five scores.
He comes from a family of football talent: his grandfather, Ed Tate Parker, played at Ole Miss and his father, Jim Blazevich, played at Northwestern.
The latest in the line has been offered by 20 programs and his top choices early on are Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Notre Dame and Alabama.
* Lorenzo Carter, a defensive end from Norcross, Ga. posted the top SPARQ Rating for a defensive lineman this year at the Nike events.
Carter has offers from over 30 universities including his early leaders of Georgia Tech, Florida, Georgia, Texas and Ohio State.
“He is one of the best athletes we have seen this year. He came out ready to work and stood out from the time he stepped on the field,” said Todd Huber, the Player Personnel Director for the Defensive and Offensive Line. “He was far and away the best pure pass rusher out here today.”
As a junior he was a MaxPreps All-American and a 6A All-State honoree after recording 136 tackles with 18 sacks.
* Nick Chubb, a 5-foot-11, 215 pound running back from Cedartown, Ga., was one of the most impressive skill position players.
Chubb, who rushed for over 2,700 yards and 38 TDs as a junior, has college offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee and several others.
“He is as good in pass pro as any back we’ve seen so far this year at the Nike Football Training Camps,” stated Brian Stumpf, the camp director. “He was more physical than any linebacker here.”
* Rashaan Evans, a linebacker from Auburn, Ala., was a Class 6A All-State pick last season as he collected 32 tackles (16 for loss) and five sacks.
Evans has offers from programs such as Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, TCU and Washington.
* Gerald Willis, a defensive end from New Orleans (La.) Edna Karr, was a MaxPreps Junior All-American last year as well as earning Class 4A All-State and Defensive Player of the Year.
“He was a man on a mission today” said Todd Huber. “Willis plays with a nice edge to his game and there isn’t a whole lot of wasted movement to the way he plays, he’s a real smooth player ”
He has over two dozen offers including his early leaders of LSU, Florida, Texas A&M and Alabama.
Atlanta NFTC Most Valuable Players
Here are the individual positional standouts who impressed their group coaches:
- QB Stephen Collier (Leesburg (Ga.) Lee Co.
- RB Maetron Thomas (Forest Park (Ga.) Stockbridge)
- TE Jeb Blazevich (Charlotte (N.C.) Christian)
- OL Christian Williams (Wetumpka, Ala.)
- DL Lorenzo Carter (Norcross, Ga.)
- LB Bryson Allen-Williams (Ellenwood Ga.) Cedar Grove)
- DB Cam Jackson (Fairburn (Ga.) Creekside)
More Vine video
Check out more Vine video clips of some top linemen action: